Sample Test Questions
What should you do if a vehicle is tailgating you?
- Increase the gap between the vehicle in front and yourself.
- Speed up to get closer to the vehicle in front of you.
- Tap your brakes to signal him to back off.
- None of the above.
Who has the right of way at a four-way stop?
- The first person to arrive.
- The vehicle on the right.
- The vehicle on the left.
- The person who is turning right.
What must you do if another vehicle is merging?
- Change lanes if safe to do so.
- Stop to allow them room to move in.
- Speed up to get past them.
- Drive in their blind spot.
True or false. You may use an electronic device while stopped at a red light?
What must you do if you see a pedestrian at an uncontrolled intersection?
- Slow down to let them pass before you arrive.
- Keep driving.
- Stop and allow the pedestrian to cross.
- You don’t need to do anything.
In what situation may you make a left hand turn at a red light?
- When you are turning from a one-way street to a two-way street.
- When you are turning from a one-way street to a one-way street.
- When you are turning from a two-way street to a one-way street.
- When you are turning from a two-way street to a two-way street.
The legal limit for blood alcohol in British Columbia is what?
Who has the right of way in a traffic circle?
- Traffic already in the roundabout.
- Traffic entering from the right.
- Traffic about to exit the roundabout.
Are you permitted to enter an intersection on a yellow light?
- Yes, if it is unsafe to stop.
- Yes. The light is not red.
- No. You must stop no matter what.
- An amber light signals a four-way stop.
What is the best way to avoid hazards on the road?
- Identify the hazard, understand how to avoid it, respond in time.
- Scan the road for hazards and swerve out of the way.
- Assume other drivers will see what is ahead and rely on their judgment.
- Look for signs to alert you to the presence of hazards and follow their directions.