Our Mission is to teach safe driving skills that will make for better, more defensive drivers.
The British Columbia Safe Driving Course is designed to teach you the skills you need to become a safer driver on our province’s roads and highways.
This online course can be completed at your own pace.
About the course
The British Columbia Safe Driving Course is broken down into a series of modules, each designed to focus on high-risk areas of driving. The course discusses defensive driving principles that will help you to avoid accidents, increase safety, and become more aware of what is happening on the roads around you.
This course is designed for people of all driving skill levels, from the experienced to the novice or learner driver. The principles discussed in the course are applicable to all drivers in British Columbia. The British Columbia Safe Driving Course can serve as a refresher or can teach new drivers how to be safe on BC roads and highways. This is because the program is based around fundamental defensive driving principles and important key safety issues.
The British Columbia Safe Driving Course is offered online. This makes it convenient and easy for you or your employees to complete the course. Classroom training and on-the-road training may be difficult to work into a busy schedule, but this online course can be completed at your own pace, at any hour of the day or night. This course is a certificate course which includes a 50-question test at the end. Questions are random and cover the entire material in the course. The test questions are comprised mainly of multiple choice questions, with some true/false questions as well. There are no essay or short answer questions.
Individuals who take this course will learn the following:
- The role their vehicle components play in safe driving;
- What role attitude plays in safe driving;
- How to shift an unsafe attitude into a positive attitude;
- Hazard recognition and identification;
- Responding to specific hazards in a way that avoids risk;
- The activities performed by safe and attentive drivers;
- Tips on effective observation of the road around you;
- An explanation of signaling and when certain signals are appropriate;
- Basic British Columbia traffic laws;
- The legal consequences of traffic violations;
- How to safely travel when near other vehicles;
- An explanation of the various traffic lights and what they mean;
- The dangers of distracted driving;
- How to drive without distraction;
- Driving in different conditions, including:
- Safe and effective steering techniques;
- Safe and effective parking techniques;
- How to deal with emergency driving situations, such as:
- Brake and accelerator malfunctions;
- Tire problems;
- Burned-out headlights;
- Vehicle fires;
- Dropping off the pavement.
- What to do when a collision in inevitable.
Benefits of taking the BC Safe Driving Course
There are several benefits to taking the BC Safe Driving Course. Firstly, you will reduce your likelihood of becoming involved in an accident by learning techniques to reduce risky driving behaviour. You will learn techniques to help you shift your attitude toward driving which will help to reduce road rage problems. The driving techniques canvassed in this course will also help to reduce wear and tear on your vehicle, as well as maximize fuel economy. You will develop a more tolerant and safe approach to driving that will benefit yourself and the other drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists around you.
How it works
To sign up for the British Columbia Safe Driving Course, please click here.
The cost for the course is $95 plus tax.
You will be provided with a username and password that you can use to access the course and complete it when you have the time. It is estimated that this course takes approximately 3.5 hours to complete. You will have 21 days from the date of payment to complete the course.
To access our refund policy, please click here.
Be a safer driver
Registering for the BC Safe Driving Course couldn’t be easier. Sign up and start learning instantly.
Everything was taught well with these lessons and practice will make me a safer driver than I am today.
Course was very knowledgeable and helpful.